Thursday, May 10, 2012

Blog Bobber: Brought to You by the Letter "Y"

4 year olds.  They ask loads of questions.  But the go-to of all go-to’s is....
“But, why?”
If parents had a nickel for every time that question was uttered, college tuitions would be as easy to achieve as a stale lollipop for a chubby toddler hand in the grocery store checkout line.  
Well, the other day was one of “those” days... three shopping trips down and heading home, my 4 year old had found my last exposed nerve and was gleefully bouncing up and down on it, “But, why?  But, why?  But, why?”  
Whew.  I finally said, “Alright, Buddy.  No more questions for now.  We’re just going to be quiet for a bit.”  
“Why?”
“Why?”
“WHHYYYY???”
“Nathan, didn’t I JUST say not to ask that again??”
His reply, without skipping a beat: “No, Mom.  I was just saying the LETTER Y.”
“Y!”
“Y!”
“YYYYY!!!!”
And then I broke the cardinal rule of parenting.  I laughed. Outloud.  Followed by a shudder at the thought of this clever boy in, say, 10 years or so.  Man, oh, man.  This parenting thing can be a treacherously funny road sometimes.  

1 comment:

  1. LOL!!!! And beware the letter "P!", "P!", "PPPP!!!" Oh, how I LOVE that boy!!

    ReplyDelete